Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wish I could share this with you


Hey family, I had a great ACTION packed day. We played a version of great adventure in hyderabad ALL DAY. It was our programs last chance to teach us how to navigate and become independent in a somewhat "controlled" setting. HA...ha...ha. We got rides in truck beds, overpriced, crowded rickshaws and buses. We got clues and had to answer questions, but let me tell you the truth it was all worth it. I kept a good attitude and had a fun non competitive team! Each destination was unforgettable. From a local textile hand crafted design linen store to a school of excellence and enlightenment in a quaint park. I loved it, we found places in the city I could have never found by myself. I gained some more confidence in myself getting around in India.

I will take this moment to share about India. There are no "road names" exactly. Street signs are rare, light signals are even rarer. Any map is not detailed because so much construction is happening and names are always changing. So how I would always use maps to confirm direction, now its left to asking and trying to visually remember(wish I had emily). There are no real "rules." The asking directions part is easy being an American, but the complications come from "Indian english" and multiple people giving different directions all at the same time.

So school starts tomorrow! I can't wait to get my hands dirty in the art department! I can't wait to put myself out there in a class full of Indians. I have been the minority my whole life, LETS DO THIS!

Along with school, intense yoga begins as well. Every morning from 6:30-8:00am! YOGA!

Here are the upsides that keep me balanced with all the challenges of India. But mostly I wanted to write to you. Yes you, my reader, my friend, my family. Today was just one of those days you wanted to share with friends. Don't get me wrong, I have great buddies on this trip and it was great. But they aren't you. I am so thankful for you. For each friend that ever saw me for who I was and is still my friend. For each friend that lasted through more than two of my phases. For each friend that needed me these five months. For each friend that is GOING THRU right now without a hug from me. For each friend that has just simply been a friend. Today I can only return the favor in prayer and meditation. Tonight I sleep with all of you on my mind. Praying for protection, strength, comfort. 1 cor. paul was encouraging the church to cry together, to rejoice together. So goodnight as I smile with you...love with you..cry with you...scream with you...dance with you.

Sleep in my arms as we close our eyes under Gods wings. Be blessed

5 comments:

MLEmary said...

You should have packed me! A Human Compass... : )

Unknown said...

AH my little YOGI you make me sooooooo PROUD!LOVE YOU THINKING OF YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts!

Sheri said...

You are amazing! I am appreciating the comforts of home so much more after reading your posts. I just ate a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger and thought of you the entire time :) It feels good to eat after so many weeks of nausea. You continue to inspire me and I'm so excited for all of the adventures that lie ahead for you. Love you!

Sheri and fam

Meaghan Maples said...

i love you and your posts and your voicemails and your voice in my ear and your hugs in my memories and your smiles in that pocket of the dose right before i drift off into dreams of our family...

peace sister