Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Closing me eyes to see


I feel like I closed my eyes 6am on Saturday in yoga and have only seen God’s abundant and timely grace since. I got to skype my parents, Jordan, and Lynn; each one of them listening to me, and in return I was honored to listen to them. After such a week as last week I needed REAL. Not saying the people or experiences I am having aren’t real, but my real core is made from these people (and others). Each one of you reading this (if even just Jordan-lol) I want to thank you. You are my church, you are my community, you are my strength even when you are weak. For I see God in you, I meet God with you. I got out of my funk, went out for a friend’s birthday and decided I was going be ok; better than ok, HAPPY (Mai khuse hu –hindi- I am happy).
So, I am going to indulge in whatever I know will continue to free me and keep me seeking our God. I told a couple people I wanted to buy a guitar, they chimed in that we should all share the cost and have a house guitar-ANSWER TO PRAYER. I wanted a better fitness challenge and I was introduced to Sy (for short) and he introduced me to artist (butt kicking) yoga-ANSWER TO PRAYER. I needed the sun to come out for more than one hour. The rain stopped and didn’t start until today-ANSWER TO PRAYER. Do not be fooled, I did not deserve these blessings. I did not know this was how God was going to bless me. I did not know I would be able to see them. But THROUGH GRACE, my friends…God met me where I was. Or maybe he was here the entire time and I finally closed my eyes and saw HIM.
Finally I really wanted to see our kids on campus, but one week had passed and I had not made the time for them. TODAY, no joke, Madave and her brother Sennu (sp?) showed up at my doorstep, asking for me. For me. Me. I am utterly broken. Broken to tears. Madave takes my hand and says, “Come on baby, come on.” The one phrase she picked up from me-lol-ok I was taking her on my bike uphill and it was tough ok. I laugh remembering that day and bend down to their eye level. Sennu lets his soft brown hand run down my arm to meet my hand. I am in love. I am in love with love. I am in love with this pure moment of Grace. “Acha, acha, acha.” Madave encourages me as she now touches her hand to Tess and Julia too (the three of us have mainly worked together playing with them). She was saying “Sister, sister, sister.” I will never forget when she let us be part of her family-ANSWER TO PRAYER.

5 comments:

Meaghan Maples said...

hey hey hey...
watch it buddy... i read this thing sometimes. :)

Katrina Brown said...

Hey baby! (yes this is jordan the boyfriend - I know I'm not supposed to do this) but I am quieted by Katrina's blog, your words, your heart. Something has changed (and has been changing). You have become "invisible" in a world where everybody wants so badly to be recognized - for their skills, their talents, their cause. But you have allowed God to be your audience and applause - I am brought to my knees, in looking at these kids faces, in knowing that they are literally knocking on your door. God is using you mightily babe. MIGHTILY! I There will be more slumps to come, but this was one that needed to break - not just spiritually, but emotionally/mentally (all the ally's). I feel today was a sign of God's faithfulness and purpose of leading you to the other side of the world. I miss you with all my heart, but I know God has brought you to India and that's what gets me through - that you are taking care of the least of these - acting justly, loving mercy, walking humbly before God. That's the kind of girl I want, even though her blog titles sound like a pirate's memoirs. Love you girl! We all do!

Jayden-Lynn said...

this is why i love you people...even in cyberspace your personalities come through. how did we find you kat baby....

your journey is beautiful.

Meaghan Maples said...

shit...
jordan had to go get all deep.
damn...
here we go... :)
just playin sis.
you blow my mind constantly.
i love sharing this journey.
i think ill write another song about you.

Sheri said...

Hey sister! Thank you so much for your note. I tried that website that you said Jordan gave you and it says that it doesn't exist...hmmm. I'm dying to read it!!! During the summer I eagerly checked your blog everyday anxious to read your next post. You are an amazing writer who is on an amazing journey. My heart overflows with joy (and lots of tears, too!) everytime I read your posts. Anyway, the big news....IT'S A GIRL!!!! I just found out this week. I'm going to wait for you to come home before I deliver...lol. I'm due Jan. 11. The kids LOVED their postcards. Carlton starts Kindergarten on Tuesday. He's sooooo excited. I love you. I love you. I love you. I'll talk to you soon. May God continue to bless you.