Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kick the Bucket


Namaste!
Sorry to take so long to follow up with the rest of my weekend, but I was passed the friendly head cold and had to sleep it off. But I kicked it! After a great early morning of yoga I want to fill everyone in on this past weekend.
Our program took us to a bridge school about two hours away. This is a school for just girls that have been saved from child labor or child abuse. They are offered this way of escape then brought into intense schooling, to catch up to their own age level of school. I had the opportunity to meet almost all of the 200+ girls and I hope to never forget them. We sang, danced, played, and laughed. They touched me physically and mentally in ways I didn't know I needed. (Like simply holding my hand)
I left a part of my heart with Suppira--->
She is nine years old and fell in love with me and my camera,
she took photos that I will never forget! The girls, didn't see a
difference between skin, hair, or accent. They loved us and played with us as though we were family. I pray for this school as they are faced with the challenges of dirty business men and village families that can't afford for their children not to work.

We again went and visited our kids on campus and I had missed them even more after seeing these girls. We played with them all sunday and it became my church. I was ministering and they ministered in return. We hugged each other and laughed with each other in ways I find some church people wouldn't even attempt. These children meet me on personal level and never cease in energy and passion. Even though I can't tell this children, Jesus Loves You! GOD MADE YOU and found you BEAUTIFUL. I can touch them, breath on them, pray over them, and leave them with GOD. God has again showed me grace through my new friends. Please continue to pray for them and us and we are trying to make more and more efforts to help this kids progress in their lives. There are so many but our solid 50 are constant now and we just need to let them now we are serious about them and we can HELP.

Ok, so here is to week 5! The rains are heavy but they lifted this morning so I will do a load of bucket laundry with my music blasting reminding me I can do this for four more months because our God is faithful.
photo taken by Suppira!

4 comments:

Katrina Brown said...

Look at that girl holding your arm! Kat you are being God's physical presence to these girls!! Keep it up girl!!

Jayden-Lynn said...

hurray!! God is so faithful...hold strong girl the next four months are gonna fly past...God is faithful.

ndiyathanda

Sheri said...

Hey sister! I just love reading your posts. I miss you so much too! You are such a blessing to all those children. My kids miss you dearly and love it when I give them updates. They said that it seems like you are going to be gone forever. We have Vacation Bible School this week so the entire family is busy, busy, busy. Everyone is doing good. I go to have my ultrasound on the 18th to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'll be sure to let you know. Love you! My prayers are with you.

Family Of Friends said...

hey i havent talked to you in forever i sent you an email but you dident wright back so i hope you see this lol it makes me happy to know your doing good and i love looking at your picturs the whole family misses you so when you gat a chance wright back. :)