Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Black Coffee

I settled into the unfamiliar comfort of a couch and let the burning of the cup meander a little longer on my finger tips. I smelled the cup for as long as possible (working on my delayed gratification thing) and finally met my nose to the brim. Let my head slowly rise and body sunk lower into the couch. My lips finally met my first cup of home brewed harsh black coffee since I left the states more than two months ago now. COFFEE has always felt this good and it didn't take this cup to remind me, but I have been waiting patiently for it. Friends and family it was worth it. So I let my mind wonder what else I have been waiting for and then imagined how much greater those emotions will be. God has asked me, personally, to wait on some big things, relationships, sex, marriage, career opportunities, lifestyles, friends, family. And I have made it my life to listen and obey to the best of my ability...and then when my ability runs out (as always) God is right there to fill up, to remind me, to refresh, to breath. SLOW DEEP BREATHS. Waiting dear friends is not a recipe and is not even the same challenge for the same two people. But I know the cost, I know it all so well. And I just want to tell you IT'S WORTH IT. The cup of coffee I drank was over hours ago but I can't seem to brush my teeth cause the taste is too close to my nose, my teeth, my tongue to let go just yet. I want to let it soak in and restain my teeth, just to smile in the morning and know I waited and enjoyed every moment with that cup coffee, as if I had waited my whole life. Here is to the heavy hearted, the in this exact moment nervousness, the we already made our decisions, the unforgiven, the human...here is to each of us...sip from this cup...

BTW-got some great letters from friends that I will never forget! Thanks guys!

BTW-went to a ObamaIANS in Hyderabad, India party...who knew-lol

BTW-no bombs for almost a week! Praise GOD

BTW-going to a wedding on Friday, can't wait to share pictures!

2 comments:

Meaghan Maples said...

oh you...
let us linger.
and then... linger...
some more.
love.

Jayden-Lynn said...

btw-coffee is an addictive drug hahah

loved it. loved the library on wed! love you.