Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yes, I'm on my way

In........out.............In........OUT........breath deep. Smell deep! Know I love you. YOU!

Breathing in the sun entered my veins. Breathing out anxiety loosens its grip. Everyday has been as filling as draining. So this last weekend was necessary. Five girlfriends and I planned a quick weekend trip to the Ellora and Ajunta Caves. We hopped on a ten-hour train hoping to leave behind heavy baggage (not physically, of course). I have never been “the only girl in a relationship” girl, but I have never been in love either. I was proud and excited to be there for each of these girls. Three of them have broken up with their boyfriends upon being in India. Already we have each changed so much within these last two months and we found a need to each other. We struck a balance and kept each other positive. Some vented, some listened, all understood. I love each one of these girls and care for them as my own girls in California. We had amazing conversations about sex, gender, race, sexuality, roles, culture, politics, art, and love. Each of us are different majors and different backgrounds but “this is India.” We come together on the common ground that we are lost among the crowds of people, we are open to life, and we are not settling. I was surprised by my role and voice I held with these girls. I came back to campus smiling and praise on my lips; tired and smelly too.(the view from Ellora caves with Tess, Amanda, Molly, Jessie, and Julia!)

I have just begun to travel daily with just one other girl to yoga of campus. This is a bigger deal than I can articulate. Then after this weekend of traveling with just a small group of girls, I am beginning to gain confidence. Every street smart I thought I had is on some corner in San Diego. I am having to re learn basic ideas: never give out your number, look both ways constantly, always argue until you pay 5rupees, never look down, only enter the front of the bus, never ask for a map, above all NO WINKING. Ok, I am laughing even writing these rules, but there are completely true.

So here is the matter of fact, I’m learning my way around (not avoiding, but diving in and flowing) Hyderabad, my mind, IBS, art, girls, and heartaches…

And here is note to each one of you struggling with breathing, with traffic, with money, with mother nature, please remember, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” (1john)

Dear friend, can’t wait to meet you again…on my way

5 comments:

MLEmary said...

: ) BEAUTIFUL! The other day Brittany, Leash and I fell asleep laughing about our living together last semester. About how we all loved each other, hated each other, bugged each other, made each other laugh, didn't talk at all at one point... then 2 weeks later we missed each other SOOOOOOO much!

Love you girl!
Until soon...

Jayden-Lynn said...

"all we are. we are. and everyday is a start of something beautiful..."

so happy your following your own trail love!

:)

Unknown said...

so things didnt work for hungary but i know theres a reason y it didnt...im gonna work to go back in the fall but im gonna do it in hawaii w the millers! so im leavin sat w chris but shes comin back the twenty fifth and ill stay and work and serve in teh church and any way i can so pray for me please! need so much grace and wisdom and provision but i know its in HIs hands...love u girl and cant wait to see u once again...

LeashBaby144 said...

My beautiful Kat,

I have chills after reading your blog. I have spent the last hour or so catching up because I did not know about the bloggy thingy. Now I do!

Those girls are lucky! They are blessed to get to have you in their lives. But come back already! It really is not fair! ;)

I think about you day in and day out...and if I am ever in need of advice or searching for answers, the presence of your voice and words disturbs me with JOY! You are everywhere...I miss you so much. I will be right here waiting upon your return!

I love you BIG bunches!!!

Leash

Unknown said...

So when are you gonna be my personal yogi?