Sunday, September 14, 2008

Matters of the HEART

Today the front page of The Times of India reminded me of how small and out of control we really are..."7 churches attacked in Karnataka" After churches being burned down last month up north, the next attack has taken place without any deaths. This pro-hindu group is spreading fear all over the country, "...leaving the entire Chrisitan community disturbed."


Today my problems and worries seem not less important, but pushed aside as I understand my thoughts and prayers need to be in the present with these people, with the country around me, at my finger tips. I don't know what I can do for the Christian community here. But I am not involved and have taken a back seat. I want in...not on the mayhem, but on the reality. I remember reading The Book of Martyr in high school. I read that entire book cause I wanted to sleep and breath the pain. Someone else's pain. I remember feeling like I was on the cusp of something real and original. I knew the events happened YEARS ago, but I felt connected and convicted. I lived in this spirit for a couple months. Then Life just pushed, as it always does. I didn't feed my heart and the reality slipped thru my fingers. I got accepted into college and haven't thought about that book or spirit until now. I remember during that same time I had this conversation with a friend. "What would you handle for Christ? Do you live like God is all you have?" Blah Blah Blah...i went on ranting. Luckily my friend listened and softly replied "To die is gain, to live is Christ." BAM! It hurt, I needed to understand living everyday in Christ is the challenge. Friends and family, not only do I understand but it is my constant HOPE. My everday here in India has BEEN IN CHRIST, no one else. Today, the sun is shinning and the smiles are high! Here is to great week, because we have to the freedom to praise. Here is to a great comeback and peace among our fellow brothers and sisters in India. Here is to chapel this week at Loma. Here is each family member newly appreciating each other CAUSE WE CAN!

(I am safe and India is on a "slight" code Red again after the bombings in Delhi, but all is well on the campus front here in Hyderabad.)

No comments: