Friday, September 5, 2008

"Both High and Low..."

Have you ever felt like everything you just ate was stuck! But keep imagining with me, at the same moment you were pretty sure everything was coming out any hole on your body! (ya-i went there). Then please continue with me, the only way home is an hour long rickshaw ride in the rain with unpaved roads and accompanied by two other sick girlfriends.
So there I was defeated, nauseous, broken, weak, barely gripping my friends hand in silence. I got home and sleep for about three hours. Woke up feeling the same, rested all day, gained some confidence from family and friends and finally sleep for another five hours. Woke up the same and frustrated. I couldn't focus and I couldn't shake this thing. I laid restless through out the night to wake up and decide it was time for backup! CIPRO! Praise God for cipro (ya-i went there too). I took an antibiotic and prayed for the best.
I woke up at 5pm and though I had slept through the day and was feeling the best I had felt in a week. I was surrounded by my girlfriends who woke me up and I quickly put my glasses on to see what was so entertaining. Ha-it was me. They all took turns telling me how I was acting out of it all day. I told my roomate to call Jordan and tell him I am ok, but I can't talk right now. Ha! I was somehow one my computer and talking to each girl checking up on me. HA!! All I can do is laugh. I thought I was asleep and I guess my body was but my mind stayed on.
I hope you are laughing at this point and not worried. Please understand I am well taken care of, but I have to tell you this story to let you understand how blessed I am right this very instant for my health.
I woke up this morning in the presence of GOD. The sun was shinning, I woke slowly and without an alarm. I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! YA! One night down and 95 to go! I can do this. I am so thankful to eat breakfast, take a shower, laugh with my boyfriend, smile with friends.

With full energy back I knew exactly what to do...
I did what any California girl would do...bathing suit, ipod, art supplies, towel, and some giggles...i LAID OUT. I soaked up the sun. It is one the hottest days we have had yet and super green because of the heavy rains last night.

India has been high and low and always at the same time. I told myself I would be better but my body was like um NO WAY. I want to be treated as an equal but I want all the convenience of a tourist, an American tourist. I want to feel the pain of each of the kids but I wanna sleep in my bed. Gaining and losing. Maybe this is just life-amplified.

To each and any every single person reading this or not THANK YOU for your thoughts and prayers. Please understand your prayers are not in vain. I am able to leave today with my program for Chennai this weekend because of YOU. I have never been more thankful. Dear friends our God is GOOD!

2 comments:

Jayden-Lynn said...

the little engine that could.....

Unknown said...

I know you can do this, this is your amazing adventure!!! Can't wait to lay around and listen to all the amazing stories and hear how much you have grown mind, body and spirit!!!! MISS YOU SIS